Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hands at 10 and 2

There's always something new around the corner.

Today I took my daughter to get her hair cut - she decided to go from a really long style to a short angled bob.  She looks really cute and definitely older.  One of the things that always impresses me with her, is that she will grow her out really really long, just so she can cut it and donate it.  She takes her hair and sends it to Locks of Love - so that another little girl could have long beautiful hair too.  I love that heart of hers and her desire to want to ensure that others who are not afforded everything that she has (due to an illness or a disorder) that they have those little things which help make them feel like any other little girl.  Cause guess what, in her eyes they are.

This morning we enjoyed beautiful sunshine and I should have savoured it just a little bit more than what I did.  Cause as quickly as the sunshine was here, it has now been replaced with thunder, lightning, wind and heavy rain.  So now I am here in a dark gloomy room - but I am completely relaxed and fine with the ambiance right now.  It's that perfect napping kind of weather - which I have been fighting all day not to do - but I think the weather is trying to tell me I should.  I love the sound of the rain hitting the windows.  There is actually a lot of stuff flying around outside right now...kind of interesting.  And let's add some hail to that as well.  Fun.

Something new.  And that's how life is.  You try something new.  You experience something new.  You meet somebody new.  You could be in the midst of one thing and all of sudden everything changes and you are in something new.

I am hoping for something new around the corner.  Starting tomorrow my TPN bags will change - only twice a week will my bag contain lipids.  The decrease in lipids should help with some of my symptoms or at least lessen them.  Next week I have my appointment with my rheumatologist and the week after that my appointment with my gastroenterologist.  So we shall see - these next two weeks could go either way.  In the meantime, my hands are on the wheel, seat belt is buckled and I'm driving the speed limit.

Here's to hoping for positive outcomes.

1 comment: