Sunday, September 11, 2011

Trying to chillax...

Finally sitting down today - we went and visited some friends this afternoon.  We hadn't had the opportunity to see their son since our weekends are always so crazy.  So we took the hour ride and went and hung out for a bit.

So now I am just laying here on the couch resting - while my husband is watching a Deadliest Killers in Brazil show.  It's basically about spiders, snakes, assassin caterpillars (these are my favorite - they kill you in 15 hours), the cone snail (that can kill you in 2 hours - you either survive it or die, there is no antivenin).  Not that I would want to ever meet one of them and feel horrible for those that do - but I do find it fascinating that these creatures exist.

Anyhow, so I am laying here chilling - hoping the next hour and a half goes by quickly - so I can disconnect from my TPN for the night.  I have found so far that the last two hours seem to go the longest.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am watching the clock like an excited little kid waiting for the school day to end.  I think it's the fact that I am just ready to lose the backpack for the day. 

Every time you have to go out to the other room - pick up the backpack.
Every time you need to use the bathroom - pick up the backpack.
Every time you need to flip the laundry - pick up the backpack.
And so on.

I don't know what is the bigger annoyance - the backpack or making sure the tubing is out of the way and not getting caught on anything.  Like this afternoon for example.  I went out to our garden to pick hot peppers (we have a LOT of them).  So I'm squatting down - cause if I bent over the bag would probably swing around and give me a fat lip - but I didn't notice that I was stepping on the tubing until I went to stand up.  Fortunately - no harm done - lines are still in place where they belong - but I did panic for a second.

It's just all the little things that you don't think about that would be nice to not deal with.  This morning I woke up around 5:30am - still can't get off the hospital hours - but it wasn't until shortly after 8am before I started my TPN for the day.  I was enjoying just being curled up on the couch with a blanket watching TV without having to be mindful of tubing or a backpack.  I actually caught myself sighing this morning as I was hooking everything up.

Trying to gear myself up to return to work tomorrow as well.  Hoping energy-wise that I can make it through the entire day, but I also know to listen to my body.  If it becomes too much, I will cut my time in the office short and will just finish working from home.  I have to make sure I don't overdo it, especially right now while I am still working on getting my nutrition levels back up and in return my energy level.  But I'm ready to get back into the swing things - let's just hope my body agrees, lol.

My relaxation time just got cut short - husband has to drop his car off at the dealer and since the son doesn't have his drivers license yet - that means I need to follow him.  Blah.  The only good part is that when I get home I will be that much closer to being able to disconnect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment