Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm gonna pay...I'm gonna pay

This morning started much earlier than I had wanted it to - but when someone in my house gets up, I'm up.  My boys are heading up north for a few days to do some salmon fishing and they left at the butt crack of dawn.

Butt crack of dawn - what the hell is that supposed to mean?  I hear it all the time, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.  But I digress.

So I made the decision to start my TPN while I was up - which meant I was able to disconnect around 3pm. Which made me very happy!  I didn't accomplish anything else though today - besides resting.  I had thoughts in my head last night that I would dry out some peppers - maybe make some cake pops with my daughter - go pick up food for the chickens - do some laundry - clean the house...nothing.  This morning instead I decided to go back to sleep and then just stay snuggled up on the couch watching random movies and tv shows.

I was kinda hungry and figured I would eat some rice - but I didn't feel like cooking it.  So instead I ordered some chinese food for my daughter and me some rice.  Well my rice turned into - let me have one of those scallion pancakes (which I LOVE) and hey while I am at it let me have a little bit of those chinese vegetables and let me eat one of those fried noodles with some duck sauce on it.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking.  My stomach has already blown up and the pain is already starting.  Actually, I know what I was thinking.  I want to eat some normal food, damn it.  I am tired of not being able to eat what I want.  It was definitely one of those moments of - I'll take what comes my way - I want to enjoy this for the few minutes I will have.

So my daughter just came out and asked if I wanted my fortune cookie...so what did I say?  Yes of course.

My fortune : The respect and help of influential people will soon be yours.

I will take that as getting gastroparesis some more awareness and who knows - maybe a cure or at least another treatment option.

No comments:

Post a Comment