Monday, September 12, 2011

I made it through...

Whew!  What a day!

Up early this morning - got the husband to wrap up my arm before he headed out for work.  Finished getting ready and then it was off to work for me as well.

Now I thought I got a lot of sideways looks while out running errands - today took it to a whole other level.  There are a couple of thousand people that work where I do - and the majority of the ones that I encountered were staring me down.  I did my best to hide my tubing, but it's got to eventually leave my side and run into the bag.

I tried to eat twice today.  This morning I got some scrambled eggs - figuring they are high on the protein count and should be easy enough to get down.  I was wrong, my stomach despised the eggs and made sure it let me know it too.  This afternoon I got some french onion soup, but just consumed the broth, my stomach did better with this than the eggs - but it still wasn't happy that I was eating.  So, I decided not to push it for the rest of the day.

Heard from the home nurse dietitian - she was checking in on me and asking a bunch of questions.  This way she knows whether my bag is the right mix or if she needs to up something - like my calorie intake.  I also heard from Tess, my home nurse.  Her and I will meet tomorrow morning before I head to work, so she can change my dressing and also draw some blood.  The blood draw is done every week - as this will let them know what levels of the additives I need included in my next week's order.

Well - it's time for me to go get some sleep.  I have pushed this body to its limits today and now it's time to let it rest.  This includes my brain :)

As my daughter says - Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment