Sunday, October 2, 2011

Running on vapors

Trying to find an energy source.

These last couple of days have been long and very draining on what little energy I have.

Thursday night was tiring, but brought a smile to my face.  It had been the first time in over a month that I had been in the kitchen.  I went to the store and picked up some needed ingredients and prepared a salmon with a spicy sauce, rice, white asparagus and sauteed peppers.  My family loved the meal - which just made my night.  Two observations though - cooking and having my TPN bag on my shoulder is not the easiest thing to do - and one must use caution not to let the TPN tubing come in contact with the hot stove.  My tubing didn't touch the stove - almost - so I was constantly checking.

Friday and Saturday were pretty much the same.  Nauseous, tired and in pain - and lots of heartburn.  But I had things that needed to be done, so I did the best to complete them and do them with a smile.

Today was about the same.  Laid around for a while before I finally hooked up to my TPN - plus I had to wait for my husband to wake up so he could help me change my extensions.  Started to do some cleaning around the house - and I was exhausted.  So I laid back down for a bit.  Then I mustered up some energy and went to do a little grocery shopping.  Ran into a couple of little cuties while I was there - we took turns stalking each other from aisle to aisle.  I picked up what I needed to make up some chili - some other basic grocery items - and also ingredients to make a sausage/chicken/shrimp gumbo later this week.

I cooked and here I find myself out of energy and back on the couch.

I am struggling with just trying to get through everyday life activities.  The TPN is giving me what I need from a nutritional standpoint - but it just doesn't equate to energy.  Hopefully my energy will start to return and when I see my doctor next week, it will be one of the things that we discuss.

Ok.  Back to resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment