Sunday, January 1, 2012

To Do List

The beginning of a new year.

Wondering what 2012 will hold for me.  Looking back on 2011, I never would have imagined everything that happened had you asked me in 2010 what my new would hold in store for me.

There obviously was a lot of negative stuff that occurred this past year as a result of my gastroparesis.  I had two failed Botox procedures.  Spent nine days in the hospital due to malnutrition and dehydration.  Spent two months on TPN treatment.  Had a falling out with my gastroenterologist and started to see a new one.

But there have also been some positive things that happened as well.  I took my first trip to New Orleans with an amazing group of friends for the weekend - laughing until I cried, tasting some good food and dancing the night away.  I took my first trip to the Outerbanks - spending a week in a house with an awesome friend and her kids, laughing until I cried, pushing my body way over its limits, witnessed two friends get married in a beautiful location and enjoyed the time with my daughter.  Saw my first live UFC fight.  And I know there are many many more happy moments that I am just drawing a blank on right now because I am too tired to think.

This year is starting off a little rocky health-wise, but I am still trying to find the positives to focus on and and what I would like to accomplish/strive for in 2012 (not in any particular order).

- Organize my house
- Re-do my family room (new carpets, new couches, new television, etc.)
- Have an amazing garden
- Spend more time canning this year
- Be successful in my job
- Witness both of my children hit milestone birthdays - 18 and 13
- Get back out on the mat
- Spend more time with family
- Be a better mom and wife
- Do something creative
- Go on a trip
- Re-do my kitchen
- Have more healthy days vs. sick days

But for now, it's back to sleep.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment