Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slower than a snail...

The last 48 hours have definitely not been good and I am praying that when I wake up tomorrow I have some relief.

So I removed the nausea patch earlier this week - but I think I may be experiencing some of the side effects from it still.  One of the ones that was front and center - constipation.  Now, based upon my last sentence you may want to stop reading this blog now.

There are many gastroparesis sufferers who also deal with constipation issues on a regular basis.  I happen to be one of them - my stomach itself is basically paralyzed and my intestines just don't do what they are supposed to do.

Most people will experience constipation from time to time - whether it be diet related, medication induced, etc.  And for most people, having a bout of constipation is nothing serious.  But dealing with almost chronic constipation can come with serious implications.

I try a medication - and it compounds that issue more.  Most doctors won't prescribe pain medications, due to them causing constipation as a side effect.

So I've taken my laxatives for the evening, hoping they do what they are supposed to do.  Hoping that this severe abdominal distention that I am experiencing right now is minimized when I wake up tomorrow.  Hoping that both of these happen, as it will result in some other stuff improving.

I'm tired.

Of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment