Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lullaby and good...

Sleep.

I love to sleep.  Seriously - I love to sleep.  It's as if my body just can't get enough.  Doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is, I could lay down and fall asleep for several hours.  Doesn't matter if I had taken a nap during the day, I can usually fall asleep that night at a fairly early hour.

Now I can't say that this is something gastroparesis related, because I was the same way when I was a kid.  But I definitely think it plays into or is a symptom of of my autoimmune issues.

Sleep is an important part of your body's regeneration process - which has me puzzled some days that my body isn't healthier for the amount of sleep I get - just sayin'.  But I am not sure the type of sleep you are getting is an important part of that equation as well.  That is one thing I can say about my amount of sleep is that it is not quality sleep.

I wake up numerous times throughout the time I am asleep, mostly due to body pain.  Whether it's that I am awoken by an intense pain in my abdomen, a shooting pain through my back or pain in my joints - I can just never seem to get comfortable for a long period of time.

But for now I am up and debating whether or not there will be a nap in my future today.

No comments:

Post a Comment