Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just keep keepin on

I am not exactly sure where my head is at right now.

Life has been pretty chaotic lately - so much so that I am finding myself struggling some moments to stay on top of everything at hand.  My amount of sleep each night seems to be becoming less and less - which doesn't help my body or brain operate fully the following day.  I feel like there is no real balance in my life at this point - no more me time.

My stomach is pretty much on full time distension mode - I am not anticipating seeing my normal belly anytime soon.  Need to do some shopping tomorrow for more belly friendly clothing for work - my closet has shrunk dramatically.  It's frustrating and I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt right now for throwing away all of my 'fat' clothes a year and a half ago when I lost all my weight.  I had in mind that I would never go back to where I was...little did I know that this condition would force my body to stuff out of my control and those clothes would have fit everything right now.  Frustrating.

My sister-in-law has her sister checking in with an acupuncturist to see if they do any treatments for gastroparesis.  I am willing to try alternative medicines at this point - within reason.  I am not one of these people who will just start taking all kinds of crazy stuff - but I believe in the power of massage and also acupuncture.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I would really like to get at least a little relief.

But, life doesn't slow down for me to have a bad day - all though there have been some days lately where I don't make it off the couch.  I have to try to keep pushing through.  Keep trying to find the things that work.  Keep trying to find clothes that fit and that I feel ok in.  Just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment