Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hands up, elbows in my cups, pencils out...

Blocking.

My life continues to be a whirlwind.  A whirlwind of activities, a whirlwind of emotions.  I am having to make conscious efforts to not allow myself to become stressed by everything going on in my life.  I find that when I allow stress to work its way into my mind, that it in turn poisons my body.  My body deals with enough challenges, I don't need the added challenge of stress.

That sometimes is easier said than done.

I would say for the most part that my challenges with gastroparesis have been mild lately.  I am trying to stay with more bland foods - which in and of itself is quite boring.  Who wants to eat egg whites every morning?  Or a plain turkey sandwich for lunch?  Actually it sounds very much like the nutritional program I would follow when I would train.  Except - I wasn't drinking coffee or caffeinated drinks like I am now to try and get that little extra rush of energy.

I have also come to a realization lately.

I need to get back out onto the mat.  This past weekend was pretty chaotic, so I plan on talking with my Sensei this weekend about me trying to take a class again.  It's going to be one of those things that my ability to take a class will most likely be determined on how my previous week has been with gastroparesis.  I in no way want to do anything that would land me in the hospital.  But at the same token, I need a stress reliever.  So we shall see.

Out with the bad.
In with the good.



No comments:

Post a Comment