Friday, December 2, 2011

Can't hold me down...

Continuing on.

Living with a chronic illness, which has no cure, as I have said before is a difficult thing to do.  And unless you live in chronic pain or are chronically ill - I am not sure you can ever truly appreciate what someone goes through on a daily basis.  Now that doesn't mean that I don't think that you can't possess empathy for that person - wanting to help me them, pray for them, etc. - I just think there is no way that you could know everything that feel and deal with.

As someone who lives with chronic illness and pain - I don't necessarily want everyone to know everyday what I am thinking or feeling though.  It's not because I am embarrassed.  It's not because I don't want someone to be educated about my illness.  It's simply because in that moment - I am trying to continue on with a normal life.

There are times in my journey where something new is determined in my prognosis or something just knocks me for a loop - in those moments I do not want to talk about anything.  I need time to adjust and to absorb this new information and figure out what my new 'normal' now means.  And once I get past that hump - I'm in continuing on mode.

That is where I am at right now.  My life is too busy and full of too much stuff for me to get wallowed down in deep thought about my illness.  If I allow my mind to go down that path right now, my life will be disrupted.  Right now is not a time for me to shut down and process.  There are times when that is appropriate - right now is not one of them.

Time to stay strong.
Time to stay positive.
Time to focus on other things.
Time to feel normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment