Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's the little things...

It's been a couple of days since I had my picc line removed.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect - because these past few days have been super busy and it was so nice to not have to worry about carrying my TPN bag around.

I have been trying to focus on finding foods that my stomach will tolerate without issue.  So far, that quest has not yielded anything - but I am eating everyday and am dealing with the side effects as best as I can.  There is a portion of this condition which is the mental battle and some days that can be the tougher battle to fight.

I have to force myself to eat.  I do not have an appetite - my stomach doesn't growl.  So I need to make sure I continue to eat, even if my body isn't asking for food.  It's the only way to try to prevent the picc line from returning.

In a few more days, I will be visiting the new gastroenterologist.  Hopeful that he might have some additional treatment options to try - even if it's only one more option - it's more than what I have right now.  Really keeping my fingers crossed that he has a good bedside manner - as sometimes with these doctors who come highly recommended, their egos can get the best of them.

For now - things are good.
I am not in the hospital.
My picc line is out.
My food is staying down.

I will look for the positives.  And now....


my bed is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment